About this course
In a connected world, delivering a great customer experience is more essential than ever to differentiate your business, build loyalty and maintain your reputation.
To achieve this, modern businesses create a customer relationship management (CRM) strategy to manage the interactions between customers, employees and stakeholders and use a system such as Dynamics 365 to support the processes entailed.
This course will introduce you to the Sales, Marketing and Service features of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and teach you how to use them to deliver great customer experiences tht grow your business.
By the end of this course, you’ll learn how Dynamics 365 can help your business to engage with customers and empower employees
We look forward to welcoming you!
(Please note this is not a course for developers)
What you'll learn
- Why you need CRM
- The customer experience as a differentiator
- Overview of Dynamics 365 modules
- Navigating Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Understanding leads, accounts, contacts and opportunities
- How to search for and find data
- Office 365 and Dynamics 365 working together
- Introduction to data management
- Qualifying a lead/prospect, creating an opportunity
- Creating and managing records and activities
- Creating and running a simple email campaign
- Managing customer service issues using cases
- Creating and modifying views
- Using dashboards
- Extending and integrating Dynamics 365
This course is for you if …
- you own or run a business or not-for-profit organisation
- you’re responsible for business strategy or business development
- you’re responsible for managing a Sales, Marketing or Customer Service team
- you’ve heard CRM can make your live easier but you’d like to know how, exactly
- your company has recently implemented (or is thinking of implementing) a CRM system
- you’ve used a CRM system before but it was clunky and horrible and you’d like to see how things have moved on
- you use Office 365 and want to know how you can integrate with Dynamics 365 to increase productivity and improve your business
- you’ve heard of CRM but aren’t quite sure what it is
You will need to bring a laptop (Mac or PC) that can access the internet via wifi and has Google Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer 10 or above installed. No software will be installed on the laptop.
If you don’t have a laptop, just let us know on the booking form and we’ll make arrangements.
Food and drink
We’ll have coffee, tea, juice and water available throughout the day.
A light lunch of sandwiches, crisps and fruit will be served.